Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6050 5T Orthopedics
Part Time C, Days, 12 hours
Requisition # 9718
What you need to know about this position:
- Our Orthopedics unit is a 15 bed inpatient nursing unit with an emphasis on wellness and rehabilitation.
- The patients on this unit are primarily post-surgical orthopedics, GYN and urological populations.
- As a Patient Care Technician I you play an important role in our patient's experience and safety- you are typically the first face a patient sees when he/she enters the unit and the face he/she sees most frequently.
- Working with a nurse, you engage with patients through multiple activities including answering call lights and questions, providing assistance with daily living activities and taking vital signs.
- Our Patient Care Technician I on 5T Ortho/Neuro have a starting hourly base rate of $15.00 and is commensurate with experience. In addition, this position is eligible for applicable shift differentials and Sunday/holiday premiums.
- In this position you would be scheduled to work 1 -12 hour Days shifts (12 hours/week, considered part time) with start/end times of 7:00AM-7:30PM with a holiday and weekend requirement.
- With at least 16 hours per week, this position is benefit eligible.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Verifiable work experience.
- Health care-related work experience is preferred.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- While being a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is not required, we encourage CNAs to apply for our Patient Care Tech (PCT) positions.
(If you do not have it, CRH provides training and time to acquire certification after employment.)
- This position requires regular standing, is frequently required to walk and push or pull, occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear, and taste or smell. This position must frequently life and/or move greater than 50 lbs.