Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 9304 Info Services Applications
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 9794
Columbus Regional Hospital is seeking a qualified candidate to join our high performing team as a Pharmacy Systems Operational Admin. This position provides oversight and coordination for the daily operations of all Pharmacy Automation systems as well as at the elbow IT support for the CRH pharmacy staff. This position will be onsite at Columbus Regional Hospital located at 2400 17th St, Columbus, IN.
Some of the essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Leads the implementation, content build, upkeep, and optimization of Pharmacy automation systems to maximize uptime, integrity, and security of pharmacy business and financial functions.
- Promotes and ensures the integrity and security of Pharmacy information systems.
- Monitors Pharmacy systems and reports variances and root cause analysis to the Pharmacy Leadership.
- Serves as an educational and subject-matter resource to staff and other departments.
- Coordinates training classes and manuals as needed to ensure that staff uses the automation most safely and efficiently.
- Coordinates communication with hospital management to promote data sharing and analytics from Pharmacy systems.
- Oversees, coordinates, and provides status reports to leadership for the daily/weekly/monthly and annually assigned activities of the Pharmacy staff. Ensures daily maintenance, cleaning, equipment updates, hardware, and software fixes, and formulary changes are being made in a timely fashion
- Serves as Pharmacy liaison to Information Systems and serves as Pharmacy representative on house-wide technology coordination committees.
- Coordinates with electronic medical records teams to ensure that the electronic medical records build, maintenance, and utilization activities comply with the management-driven policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Establishes, monitors, and maintains system security policies, procedures, and guidelines to protect system and data integrity and ensure compliance with facility-mandated HIPAA guidelines.
- Maintains and optimizes an effective drug diversion program for all staff and providers.
- Participates in multidisciplinary education activities relating to drug diversion and controlled substance handling.
- Maintains and optimizes a comprehensive surveillance and auditing program to detect drug diversion and non-compliance in medication handling.
- Collects & tracks diversion-related data, including, but not limited to, medication handling & security issues, policy violations, and access issues.
- Works with the vendor of choice to maintain a database containing all data collected that may relate to diversion and monitors the database continuously to identify evolving trends.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field required
- Minimum of 3 years of Information System experience required.
- 3-5 years experience with Pharmacy Automation software and current Health Information System strongly preferred
- Knowledge of ConnectRX, Omnicell, and Redsail is optimal.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Indiana Pharmacy Technician License is required within 6 months of being hired. (Training done by CRH)