Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 9301 IS Admin
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 9869
What you need to know about this position:
This position manages the IS Epic Billing Systems team for all Professional billing and Hospital billing workflows and enforces workflows, build and changes documentation, and makes recommendations for improvements. This leader supervises, educates, trains, and mentors staff related to the billing systems requirements, workflows, and system build.
Under the general direction of the IS System Director – Applications, PMO, and Lean Sigma, this leader manages the installation, operation, support, and maintenance of multiple stand-alone and integrated computing systems for the Information Services (IS) department directly related to the billing systems.
Serves as the resource for the strategic direction of application software and general automation support of business processes related to billing tools and workflows.
This role is an IS leader and a key point of contact for all user management and staff levels, collaborating with other IS leaders throughout Columbus Regional Health to provide a unified, high-quality, service-oriented department.
What the successful candidate will bring to this position:
- Three plus (3+) years of Professional and/or Hospital Billing analyst experience strongly preferred. Previous management experience required. Epic software experience and certifications with Epic modules: SBO Hospital Billing and Claims or Professional Billing and Claims preferred. Knowledge of Epic functionality, applications, project management concepts, and change management processes is required.
- Extensive business experience in Payor & Direct Contracting, for both hospital and medical group operations, is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- An active Epic (2020+) Professional Billing or Hospital Billing certification preferred.
- An active Epic (2020+) Professional Billing or Hospital Billing certification required within three (3) months of hire date.
- Certifications relating to other Epic modules, software applications, technology infrastructure, and or clinical specializations are preferred.