Location: Columbus Regional Hospital Physicians
Dept: 7725 Hospital Care Physicians
Full Time, Nights, 42 hours
Requisition # 9877
What you need to know about this position:
- The position is located within the Hospital working in the Hospital Care Physicians Department consisting of 14 physicians and 4 nurse practitioners who deliver 24 hour care. The average census per day is 70-80 patients post pandemic.
- The Hospitalist Advanced Practice Provider is a member of the Hospitalist care team and their primary responsibility is the completion of admissions and consultations, coverage of the inpatient service, provision and coordination of medical and ancillary services, and supporting the continuity of care of patients from one level to another. The APP is under the supervision of the Hospitalist physician team. The APP obtains history on complex patients, performs physical exams, collects and documents data, conducts approved diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations, prescribes appropriate interventions and medications, acts as the supervisor of the code team at night, and provides direct patient care services in the hospital setting.
- Our Nurse Practitioner positions provide a competitive Total Compensation package that is worked through our Provider Compensation office.
- This position will require you to work 42 weekly hours from 7:00PM – 7:00AM.
What is required for this position:
- Upon hire you must have:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Master's degree in nursing.
- One year experience is preferred.
- Upon 30 days of hire you must have:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire
- National certification as a Nurse Practitioner preferred.
This position is regularly required to stand, frequently required to walk and push or pull, occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl, talk or hear, and smell and must frequently lift and/or move greater than 50lbs.