Location: Southeastern Indiana Medical Holdings, Inc.
Dept: 6620 Endoscopy
PRN, Days, 4 hours
Requisition # 10523
What you need to know about this position:
- Our Endoscopy department is a busy outpatient services team seeing approximately 30 patients per day using 4 endoscopy suites and 15 pre/post rooms.
- We specialize in ERCPs, EUS, Robotics Bronchoscopy and are ASGE Accredited.
- The surgical technologist serves as a member of the Surgical Services team, working under the direction of the registered nurse and in cooperation with surgeons, anesthesiologists, and other ancillary personnel in delivering patient care assuming appropriate responsibilities pre-operatively, intra-operatively and post-operatively.
- The base hourly rate for this position is $23.70 Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience and does include shift differentials and premium pay as applicable. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- The Day PRN position is not benefit eligible but offers a premium for hours worked, and the scheduled hours depend on the needs of the department and our patients.
- Upon hire, you must have:
- Associate’s degree in Applied Surgical Technology or completion of an equivalent on-the-job program resulting in certification eligibility.
- Certified Surgical Technologist Certification obtained within 6 months of hire date, or Indiana license as a Licensed Practical Nurse upon hire.
- Within 30 days of hire you must have: (CRH provides training and time to acquire certification after employment):
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
In this position, you would be regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear; frequently required to push or pull; occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and must regularly life and/or move up to 50 lbs, frequently lift and/or move more than 100 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.