Location: Southeastern Indiana Medical Holdings, Inc.
Dept: 8403 Sterile Processing
Full Time, Days, 40 hours
Requisition # 11665
What you need to know about this position:
- The Director – System Sterile Processing (under the direction of the VP – Hospital Outpatient & Nursing Services) has oversight of the Sterile Processing Department (SPD) and all operational functions related to Sterilization and High-Level Disinfection (HLD) in the inpatient nursing and procedural-based units and the ambulatory clinics.
- This position will provide system leadership with a specific focus on quality and patient safety and will ensure facility Sterilization and High-Level Disinfection (HLD) functions comply with all regulatory requirements.
- The director will lead all aspects of operational workflows, resources, standards, policies and procedures related to the decontamination, inspection, high level disinfection, sterilization, and distribution of inventoried items within the system. This position does not provide direct patient care.
- Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience. The base pay compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- This position is a salaried/exempt position with the general working hours of Monday – Friday 8am-5pm though the exact working hours will fluctuate based on the needs of the organization.
- This position will require onsite work at the CRH system campus in Columbus, IN 3-4 days per week.
What the successful candidate will bring to this position:
- Bachelor degree in a Healthcare related field or ten (10) years of related experience required.
- Progressive growth in leadership positions over the past ten (10) years in a healthcare environment with at least five (5) years of leadership experience in operating room/surgical services/sterile processing required.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) or Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Additional priority given to candidates who have:
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Business, or Healthcare Administration.
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST), Certification in Sterile Processing Management (CSPM) or Certification in Healthcare Leadership (CHL).