Location: Columbus Regional Hospital
Dept: 6270 Neuro-Diagnostics
Weekend Option, Nights, 34 hours
Requisition # 11741
What you need to know about this position:
- The Sleep Diagnostics Center is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care. The center has 6 bedrooms, offers testing 7 nights a week. The center employs (3) Board Certified Sleep Physicians, (4) Board Registered Sleep Technologists (RPSGT), (3) Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and (1) Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT).
- The center is state of the art; using Cadwell, ResMed, and Nonin softwares, a variety of PAP masks. The Cadwell system interfaces with the electronic medical record, which is Epic.
- The center is located on the Columbus Regional Hospital campus with around the clock security, and convenient employee parking. The building is both beautiful and serene, offering seasonal gardens, water features and fountains, a fireplace and sofas in the lobby. The centers appearance is reminiscent of a high-end hotel.
- This position is for a Sleep Technician student.
- The Sleep Technician provides patient diagnostic testing which employs various techniques and instruments to record electrical brain activity, neuromuscular activity eye movement, blood oxygen, heart rhythm breathing patterns and limb movements to secure quality patient recordings
- The base hourly rate for a Sleep Technician is $22.06. Individual compensation is determined for this position through years of directly relevant experience and does include shift differentials and premium pay as applicable. The hourly compensation is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions.
- This WEO position will require you to work 2-12 hour night shifts and 1 – 10 hour night shift; 34 weekly hours a week, Friday Saturday and Sunday.
What is required for this position:
- Successful completion of a sleep technology program associated with a state licensed and/or a national accredited education facility.
- A minimum of six months of sleep experience, as a sleep trainee or technician required.
- Successful completion of a Polysomnographic Technician education certificate, or an equivalent accepted allied health certificate
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within 30 days of hire.
- Certified Polysomnographic Technician (CPSGT) certification, Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT), Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT), Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) or EMT-P license preferred.