Location: Columbus Regional Health General Surgery
Dept: Surgical Services
Full Time, Days
Requisition # 32368592
Full-Time General Surgeon Physician Position with Columbus Regional Health Physicians
Join us at Columbus Regional Health Physicians at CRH General Surgery.
Must have a full/active MD/DO Indiana license.
Must be board-certified.
Why Columbus Regional Health Physicians at CRH General Surgery?
- We provide care in a 225-bed facility.
- Innovative and thriving practice.
- Attractive compensation plus benefits.
- Enjoy a better work-life balance, and achieve clinical satisfaction while delivering excellent patient outcomes.
- We provide malpractice coverage, administrative support, and an intuitive EMR so you can focus on caring for patients, not paperwork.
What We Look For:
Join our team and enjoy an individualized practice with flexibility and work/life balance. If you are an expert in general surgery, utilize cutting-edge technologies, and spend your time focused on patients and not paperwork, then Columbus Regional Health Physicians at CRH General Surgery with is the practice for you. We place a high value on clinical experience, cultural fit, and a passion for helping patients.
- Private general surgery practice 1976-2023. Moved to CRH in January 2023. Added bariatric surgery, weight loss, vascular surgery, vascular US lab, and interventional suite for vascular during this time. Vascular remained independent in 2023 when general surgery joined CRH. Thriving physician relationships, busy workflow, and currently 1/6 call. Call options allow for focused call time without the requirement of seeing patients or doing surgery during this time. Practice is open to discussing opportunities with a candidate who would like to be more focused on inpatient care. Practice does serve as the general surgery provider at Ascension St Vincent North Vernon. There are currently 3 physicians who staff one full-time position.
- Operating Hours are Monday through Friday 8 am-5 pm.
- Physicians typically work 3-4 half days in the office, 2 half days in surgery, and 1 half day in Endoscopy.
- Call 1:6 taken in weekly rotations. Evaluate all emergent calls from ER, referring physicians and outside entities as needed. Follows up with appropriate treatment.
- Practice is open for discussion regarding call rotations if a candidate is interested in a more call-focused practice.
- Physician sees 10-15 patients per day (half-day sessions).
- Full health and retirement benefits provided.
- Medical Malpractice with tail is provided. (While employed)
Outpatient Visits: Evaluation for the following:
- Anti-Reflux Surgeries
- Colon Cancer Surgeries
- Backup for Breast Cancer Surgeries
- Bariatric Surgery (Roux-en-y and sleeve)
- Lumps, bumps, and lesions requiring surgical intervention
- Screening colonoscopy